Wednesday, January 10, 2007

how to thwart an abduction attempt

very informative, although a bit obvious.

an excerpt:

10. LIE about advantages you may have. You should do anything to make the attacker think he/she is as unsafe as possible. This means lying about advantages you don't have.

* "My dad is the chief of police. You don't want to do this."
* "I have anhydrous diabetic chronic pneumonia [made-up disease]. I have to take my medication every 3 hours, or I'll die. If you take me, you're looking at murder charges, no matter what."
* "There's a police station two blocks away. Why are you doing this here?"
* "I have HIV. You don't want to do this." (good way to scare off potential rapist)
* It is best to call the police, but if for some reason you cannot (lost cellphone, etc.), you should always tell an attacker that police are on the way. "I dialed the panic button from my cellphone, police are on the way. Just run now, and you'll be safe."

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

my favorite: "do the windmill."

1/10/2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home