Thursday, September 06, 2007

can't spell worth shit? neither can these newspaper editors

at this moment, i'm introducing a new (hopefully recurring) feature on my blog. the theme will be ripping apart bad/misspelled headlines with impunity. this may be in some conflict with my *other* blog, but damned if i care. there are just too many gems in the world for me to pass up.

being a grammar/usage/spelling freak comes with its own set of perils. as a critic, i become easy target. that's ok. i'm secure with my own masculinity. by being an utter bitch, i do not intend to cast myself as smarter, wittier, and better-looking than the rest, but rather i just speak objective truths of stupidity. if i commit one of these stupidities, then let me become victim of truth. yada yada, let's get on with it.

and one last formality. for the stories with misspellings in headlines, there's a decent chance that the mistake will eventually get fixed. if you click on a link and find no mistake, well, there was one. you're just gonna have to trust me.

the first two i have aren't GREAT, but we gotta start somewhere.

Student-friendly recipes for the kichen-impaired
you mean the spelling-impaired? hiyo

39 indie bands to play at local festival
no mistake. just sounds hellish. 39 too many

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home