Thursday, August 30, 2007

football is almost here

nfl preseason games sort of suck, so they don't count.

tonight is the first set of games (which i sadly won't be able to watch), but all the stories running up to the season start have got me giddy. if you, too, want to get hyped, here goes:


mike hart suffers tragedy. mike hart overcomes. mike hart is the man.
i'm such a sucker for this human interest story, especially when it shows a guy with some integrity.

fate has dictated that joey harrington will start for the atlanta falcons. he is a very good-looking pianoman with a (from what i can tell) hot wife. gay men also love him.

few of you guys probably care about UVA football (plus they're not incredibly good, sorry maggie), but another "ali is a loser" story piqued my interest the other night. i think i just like the love story at the end between the 22-year-old inside linebacker and his wife (they connected at church!) kind of young, if you ask me, but makes for good reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maggical said...

Haha, thanks for the mention, even if it was accompanying an insult to my school. I read that article. The love story kind of makes me want to barf, but that's because I've become a cynic in my old age. I do like how he bases his diet on fruits and vegetables because "God didn't make fast food and coke."

8/30/2007 2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home