Thursday, May 10, 2007

yellow mornings

have you ever had a roommate who doesn't find it important to flush after peeing? my roommie right now is fine in most respects. nice enough, gives me free booze, tells funny stories (over and over again), but he also doesn't dispose of his waste in the morning/late night. is it so hard to just push the little lever?
i haven't talked to him about it b/c honestly i have no idea how to approach this problem. it's like telling someone they have BO.
sadly, i don't even care anymore. i just sigh, flush it myself, and go on with my day. ugh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Allen said...

Y'know, if he's like most guys, he won't be offended. Just ask! It's not a big deal. I kind of consider it as being somewhat on the same level...ok, maybe a little worse...than leaving the toilet seat up.

This reminds me of one of my housemates when I was in law school. I lived with six housemates, five of whom were women. One of them had a habit of leaving tampons in the toilet. To this day I don't know which one it was, but it stopped when I made a comment about using it for target practice.

5/14/2007 1:23 AM  
Blogger alison said...

i almost never see him alone, and i don't really feel comfortable saying in front of 5 people, "by the way, you haven't flushed the toilet in six weeks."

either way, i'm moving out. good riddance.

5/14/2007 5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe he's just environmentally responsible. Haven't you ever heard of the old saw, "If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down."

Mr. D

5/14/2007 8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home