Tuesday, May 01, 2007

cultural hermaphrodite

i like football, action/sci-fi movies, red meat, etc. i have a fear of commitment and a lack of emotions. i think i may have been born the wrong gender. and to top it off, my favorite site to research for my other blog is Uncrate, "the buyer's guide for men ... a web magazine for guys who love stuff."
i do like stuff, and i really like their stuff.
i had no idea that uncrate was a men's blog, but when i did realize it, i freaked out and looked for girly consumerism sites to offset the male-centricness of the content. check out shiny shiny, domino, absolutely beautiful things, and shelterrific.
good to be a girl? i guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy "Wang2K" Wang said...

don't worry, i like candy canes, pony rides, pewter cups, and daffodils.

5/01/2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger Allen said...

Hey, I don't know if you noticed, but there's a sister site for girls who like uncrate. It's Outblush. I haven't looked at it, but I thought you might be interested. Or not so much.

Anyway, don't worry about defying the stereotypes. I do it too. I'm not particularly fond of sports, prefer psychological dramas (think Lifetime Movie Network) to action movies (though I like both), and take up as much space in the bathroom with my "products" as Tiffany does with hers (as you might say: "TMI? Deal.").

5/02/2007 5:41 PM  
Blogger alison said...

checked out outblush. i like it to a certain degree, but probably not as much as uncrate. i'm not really interested in trendy clothes as i am things with a distinct neato factor. basically, i like gadgets, especially if they involve wine.

5/03/2007 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home