Thursday, November 15, 2007

once you go tivo, you can never go back

i wish that rhymed.

some interesting correlations among the shows i watch:

1. i'm a little sick of the "i'm a superhero/spy/devilworker, so i can't tell my friends/family about it, but i'm going to act really awkward and get torn up about it." i am, of course, referencing reaper, pushing daisies, heroes, and bionic woman (which i no longer watch. meh). all these people need to let their secrets out and get over it.

2. what's with all the people named chuck? chuck from chuck, chuck from pushing daisies, and chuck from gossip girl. just kind of weird.

3. what's with the sidekicks in chuck and reaper? at least in reaper, they help him capture evil souls, but in chuck, they are absolutely worthless. i literally fastforward through all the parts with those bozos and their antics. (love tivo). speaking of chuck and reaper, why are they both awkward underachievers who work at electronics stores on steroids.

4. not really a correlation, but gossip girl is still the best new show of the season. that is all.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allen said...

@1: Smallville. Though, Lana Lang now knows Clark's secret, and it's cool.

I still watch Bionic Woman, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if it were cancelled.

Can't comment on any of the other shows, as I don't watch any of them. I do own Heroes season 1 on DVD, but I have not yet had the chance to break it open.

I will say this, though. I find it curious that you do not watch Moonlight, because (1) vampires, and (2) Jason Dohring. Or do you? I will admit that Moonlight is amazingly derivative of Angel, but not as good.

11/20/2007 2:04 AM  
Blogger alison said...

i gave smallville a chance, but i couldn't take it after a while. clark is too whiny and oblivious. and i bet that whole "i have a secret" nonsense annoyed me too. (lex, however, is the best thing on that show).

about moonlight. the show is definitely right up my alley, and i tried to tivo it, but i already have two shows recording at that time, unbelievably (9pm on a friday? really?). anyway, women's murder club and friday nights have got me suckered pretty good, but if angie harmon's crew doesn't stop being annoying, i might have to jump ship.

11/20/2007 2:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home