Thursday, August 09, 2007

bizarre email

at 12:25 last night (about an hour ago), i received perhaps the most bizarre e-mail ever.
I am sorry to bother you. I have a silly problem. I have heard the name or phrase "Alison go" some where in my past. I cant seem to place it. Maybe from a childs book or tv show. I have also heard someone else say "Alison go"(this guy was Canadian) Please dont think I am teasing you but if you have any clue that may help me clear up my dim memory, I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Mark from Missouri

ok, seriously, i have no idea what to make of this. my response: "uh. have you tried google?" what else am i supposed to say?
we'll see if he responds. what? it's probably from chaucer, which makes me question anyone who studies chaucer as a serious academic exercise. if this guy reads the canterbury tales, then anyone can.

UPDATE: my good friend mark e-mailed me back.

Uh yes. That is where I found your address. Anyway, thank you. I knew it sounded strange. I am sorry to bother you and thank you very much for the fast reply.
Mark

no less confused, but here is some info. good friend mark could be a civil practice lawyer yet his e-mail suggests he works at fidelity. i'm officially a weirdo magnet.

2 Comments:

Blogger J-Ho said...

I too know what it's like to have a verb (also a noun!) for a last name, but it's not quite as obvious(?) as yours. No stalkers because of it, so I dunno what to tell you about that. Good luck?

Oh, and my last name sounds an awful lot like a synonym for prostitute, I'm told. So clever! Now I just tell people that we got the name because my grandfather was a lady of the night.

8/09/2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger Jina said...

what?? that's so weird i can't even fathom it.

8/10/2007 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home