Thursday, July 05, 2007

independence day lesson: i need to marry a doctor

to start off the 4th of july festivities, roommate and i listened to tchaikovsky's 1812 overture, which was a tribute to the russian revolution, but inspiring nonetheless (FREEDOM FROM TYRANNY, FUCK YEAH). we bounced over to a big ten domination house party in the northeast (aka, ghetto) and drank beer and watched illegal fireworks. this was a true class warrior type party.

i met two cute med students (one was actually flat-out hot), and decided that i'm so over anyone who won't soon be an m.d. i was pretty sure "hot, tall, single doctor" was beyond oxymoronic, but hope has been restored. i also think i have exponentially better chances than other chickies in snagging a doctor, since both my parents' occupations preclude me from looking like a complete gold digger (whether it's truth or not, whatever). i just want to marry my father. right?

i didn't get any #'s, but that's ok. it's just nice to meet some attractive people in the heart of washington DC (dog city).

p.s. a guy at this bbq was wearing this shirt:


i don't care about your political persuasion. this is hilarious.

8 Comments:

Blogger J-Ho said...

OMG... You actually believe they're med students? Lots of people think I'm a doctor through no fault of my own. Ask for a badge next time. Oldest. Line. Ever.

7/06/2007 12:43 PM  
Blogger alison said...

it's not as if i found these bums off the street. and not everyone is shady like you.

7/06/2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger J-Ho said...

OMG... So much anger.

7/06/2007 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why don't you just marry me in a few years? i promise, i won't get fat during middle-age. or, atleast i'll try not to.

7/07/2007 12:01 AM  
Blogger Maggical said...

I resent the DC "Dog City" comment.

There, I commented.

7/09/2007 10:19 AM  
Blogger alison said...

jina, trying is not enough.
"maggical," comment more, but be careful b/c you might get yourself confused with magglio ordonez, right fielder for the tigers. waitaminute ... i play right field. WEIRD.

7/09/2007 10:53 AM  
Blogger Maggical said...

I don't think anyone will confuse us. "Maggical" is a lot closer to Maggie than Magglio (what kind of name is Magglio?). Also, it refers to my ties with Hogwarts. If you had known I loved Harry Potter so much at the beginning of our friendship, do you think we would still be friends? Be honest.

There, I commented more.

7/09/2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger Maggical said...

I want to see my picture.

Yay!

7/09/2007 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home