Monday, August 07, 2006

i will rule the 8th grade

read me!


caroline and i went to a free concert tonight. they played a bunch of symponies at the skill level of a decent high school orchestra, but they WORLD PREMIERED a piece by a 13-year-old. the four-movement symphony wasn't a masterpiece or anything, but it was cute. and who am i to judge? what was i doing at 13?

i actually thought about this as i was listening to the 2nd movement, the "slow klezmer dance," and i was ashamed it didn't come to me much faster. i was plotting my overthrow of the 8th grade. while this LOSER is writing orchestral pieces, i was running for 8th grade class president. i don't remember much about it, but i think i won b/c my last name is so easy to sloganize. "just GO for it" or some nonsense like that.

i also remember that there were campaign finance rules. you could only put up 4 posterboard posters to campaign; you know, so those REALLY rich kids from troy couldn't monopolize the election. in any case, my running mate, jina sawani, and i found the loophole. we just photo copied a hundred or so 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of paper and just PLASTERED them all over Boulan. those fools never saw it coming.

to conclude, i won, which was really the pinnacle of my popularity in my life. it was all downhill from there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home